CAR MAKE & MODEL
Psst! Want a chance to win FREE SCHWAG? Comment on this post and click here for details on the JEGS Comment Contest >
NOTE: JEGS Rim Screw Template is only a template for equal spacing between screws. The final location and angle of the screws is of your choosing.
This kit contains one center punch and a rim screw template for punching marks to drill holes in your wheels for securing your tire to your rim. This tool allows for an easy, step-and-repeat measuring/marking method for accurately drilling 16 holes per side on a 15” or 16” rim depending on the template purchased.
1. Place the rim screw template on the lip of your wheel (On 16” Weld Wheels you may need to bend the locating tabs up for proper fitment (part number 555-65047)). Secure the template with tape so that the template doesn’t shift/turn during punching. Locate and mark the location of the first hole. Make sure the head of the screw will seat fully on a flat portion of the wheel lip.
2. Center punch each screw location prior to drilling.
3. Once all 16 screw locations are punched lift the template off the wheel. Now the wheel is ready for drilling.4. Drill each location with a 13/64” bit when using a JEGS Wheel Screw Kit and de-burr each hole before inserting the screws. (Note: If angling the screws is desired, drilling a slight counter bore square to the lip to start is recommended.)
5. Use JEGS Tire Screw Kit 555-65040 (gold screws) or 555-65042 (silver screws) to complete the installation of one wheel. Use one of the screws to tap all of the holes and discard after use. Three(3) extra screws are supplied in the kit for this purpose.
6. Repeat on the opposite side of the wheel making sure the hole is directly opposite the one hole from the first side. This will insure that the tire wrinkles and uncoils evenly for maximum traction and performance.