CAR MAKE & MODEL
Psst! Want a chance to win FREE SCHWAG? Comment on this post and click here for details on the JEGS Comment Contest >
1) Level the vehicle from front to back and side to side.
2) Place the rear end housing in its proper position and at ride height.
3) Measure the inside width of the frame rails in the location where you plan on welding the cross member tube.
4) Cut the cross member tube to the desired length (measured).
5) Install the coil-over shocks on the lower coil-over shock mounts. Position them so that they are as close to straight up and down as possible. Both shocks should be at the same angle. Make sure that there is enough clearance between the chassis and the coil-over shocks throughout the range of travel of the suspension. The upper and lower coil-over shock mounts should be parallel to each other.
6) Bolt the mounting tabs to the top of the coil-over shocks with the supplied hardware. Spacers have been supplied to adapt older ball end style shocks to this kit.
7) Line up the cross member tube with the tabs that are installed on the coil-over shocks. Make sure the cross member tube is level and that both coil-over shocks are at the same angle.
8) Tack weld the cross member tube to the frame. Once the tube cools, tack weld the mounting tabs to the tube.
9) Check all dimensions and suspension travel clearance.
10) Once checked and the coil-over shocks are in the desired position, disassemble and finish welding the cross member to the frame. Once the cross member has cooled. Finish welding the mounting tabs to the cross member tube.