CAR MAKE & MODEL
Psst! Want a chance to win FREE SCHWAG? Comment on this post and click here for details on the JEGS Comment Contest >
• Heads are cast using virgin 356-A alloy material and heat treated to a T6 temper
• Combustion chamber volume: 58cc CNC-Bowl Blend• Intake runner volume 170cc as cast
• Intake valve 2.02” 11/32” stem diameter, 4.910” length• Exhaust valve 1.600” 11/32” stem diameter, 4.910” length
• Exhaust ports are in stock location and are machined to standard bolt pattern• Spring pocket 1.700” diameter, machined to utilize our spring cup for a 1.440”
• Premium bronze valve guides machined for .531” diameter seal• Valve spring installed height: With a .060” spring cup you can achieve a 1.800” valve spring installed height.
• Valve seats are cast alloy designed for unleaded gasoline• Spark plugs; 14mm, 3/4” reach with 5/8” hex and washer seat. Always use anti-seize with aluminum heads.
• Custom guide plates for 5/16” pushrods are included. When installing guide plates take note that one push rod slot is longer than the other. The longer slot is for the intake valve pushrod.
• These heads do not have exhaust crossover passage and will not work on any vehicle requiring EGR.
• Pushrods: Using proper length pushrods cannot be over emphasized!! Good valve train geometry starts when the right length pushrod is used for your specific engine combination: deck height, cam base circle, lifter length and choice of rocker arms. The fact is if you are using stock length pushrods your valve train is probably wrong. Before ordering pushrods use an adjustable pushrod checking tool to determine the proper length for your particular combination. Adjustable pushrod checking tool # 270-99725-2. Always use heat treated pushrods with guide plates.
• Rocker arms: Our stud location was established using standard aluminum extruded rocker arms and standard length valves. Always trial fit rockers before final assembly!
• Piston to valve clearance: Most performance applications will require machining of the valve relief‘s for proper piston to valve clearance or consider a set of custom pistons. This is a must check operation because the valve locations are modified and do not use stock dimensions.
• Head bolts or studs: We use stock dimension products.
• Intake manifolds: There are plenty of manifolds that do not match the flow requirements of this cylinder head.It pays to have your manifold checked.
• Stud girdles; Stud location Custom. None Available.
• Intake gasket: Fel-Pro # 375-1250 or Mr.Gasket # 720-5832 or equivalent• Exhaust Gasket: Fel-Pro # 375-1415 or Mr. Gasket # 720-5929 or equivalent
• Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro #375-1011-1 or #375-1011-2 or equivalent
Any modification to the casting voids any warranty