for 5.9L Cummins Diesel
Read All of the Instructions Before Beginning the Installation.
To get the most out of your NEW Water Pump, follow these installation recommendations:
1) Before working on the engine, disconnect the battery ground cable.
2) Flush entire cooling system. Remove the accessory drive belt and the old water pump to be
replaced, if so equipped.
3) Once the old pump is removed, thoroughly clean all mounting surfaces.
4) No paper gasket will be needed for this installation. The pump is supplied with a rubber
mounting gasket. However before installation, apply a small amount of sealant to rubber
gasket then align pump to bolt holes in block.
5) Start all bolts loosely, snug and then tighten.
Accessory Drive Belt Installation:
1) Once the pump is secure to the block you will need to replace the belt with approximately a
7” shorter belt:
1994-2002 (Dayco part# 5080740 or Gates part# K080740) 74.10” Belt
2003-2012 (Dayco part# 5081125 or Gates part# K081124) 112.41” Belt
2) Belt routing will vary from stock, see diagram “A” below for new belt routing.
1) The Blue wire connects to an on/off battery positive (+) switch (sold separately).
2) The Black wire connects to suitable chassis ground or battery negative (-).
(Note: Remember to reconnect battery ground).
1) Fill the cooling system and inspect for leaks.
2) Once the system is full, replace the fill cap and turn on the pump.
3) While the pump is running, remove the fill cap and top off coolant level.
4) Start the engine and run until it reaches normal operating temperature.
5) Check for smooth operation.
6) Turn engine off and recheck coolant level.
1- Electric Water Pump
2- 8MM x 1.25 x 30MM Stainless Steel Button Head Cap Screws
1- Wire Harness
1- Rubber Gasket