CAR MAKE & MODEL
Psst! Want a chance to win FREE SCHWAG? Comment on this post and click here for details on the JEGS Comment Contest >
Note: This oil filter adapter fits most small block and Big Block (Mark IV) Chevy engines that use 5/16”-18 threads to hold the OEM oil filter bypass adapter in place. New big block Mark V and VI engines don’t have the recessed oil filter boss and cannot use this adapter. This adapter is designed for use with oil filter 555-32720 (Wix® # 51268R) – high flow racing oil filter. The oil filter is available separately and is not included w/ the adapter.
(1) Oil Filter Adapter (Steel)
(1) Oil Filter Adapter Plate (Aluminum)
(3) O-Rings (Small, Medium, Large)
(1) Snap Ring
(2) 5/16”-18 x 3/4” Long Stainless Steel Cap Screws
(2) 5/16” Stainless Steel Lock Washers
• Remove the OEM oil filter bypass / adapter assembly.
• Clean the block in the oil filter pocket.
• Install the medium o-ring in the bottom of the Oil Filter Adapter (Steel Piece).
• Install the small o-ring that goes below the threaded area on the Oil Filter Adapter (Steel Piece) – Be careful not to damage the o-ring when installing it in the groove that is near above the threads. • Bolt the Oil Filter Adapter to the block in the pocket with the two cap screws & lock washers.
• Work the large o-ring in the groove on the Oil Filter Adapter Plate.
• Add some oil to the small o-ring before assembly.
• Gently push the Oil Filter Adapter Plate over the Oil Filter Adapter and down into the outer pocket on the block.
• Install the snap ring to hold the assembly together.
• If needed you can use the oil filter to push the Oil Filter Adapter Plate down over the Oil Filter Adapter & then remove it to install the snap ring.