(1) Bronze Retainer Plate
(1) Roller Thrust Bearing
(2) Bearing Race Washers
(2) 1/4”-20 x 5/8” NC Bolts
1. Install camshaft in engine.
2. Lubricate the roller bearing with motor oil or lite grease and place the roller thrust bearing between the two bearing race washers.
3. Place this assembly into the counter-bored step of the bronze retainer plate.
4. Install the retainer plate with the bearing facing the camshaft on the engine, making sure the ear on the retainer plate lines up with the oil feed hole in the engine block, this hole is located at the 4:00 O’clock position.
5. Tighten down the retainer plate using low strength Loc-Tite on the threads of the two supplied 1/4”-20 x 5/8”bolts, making sure the bearing assembly stays in place.
6. Torque bolts to 10-12 Ft. Lbs.
NOTE: Camshaft end play should be a minimum of 0.004” to a maximum of 0.014”.