Installation Instructions for 10290, 10291 & 10293
Remote Battery Cable Kit
- Read all of the instructions before beginning your installation.
- Locate a desirable position for the battery. Ideally the area behind the right rear tire is the best location for
weight transfer. Make sure that the area beneath the selected location is clear of all brake lines, electrical
wiring, frame, fuel cell (gas tank), fuel lines and spare tire before drilling. To be legal for competition and safe in
the event of a rollover or rear collision the battery must be located behind a firewall in the trunk or hatch area.
- Select a route for the battery cables avoiding objects that might damage the cables. Route the positive cable to
the engine compartment. If necessary, drill an 11/16” hole for a grommet to pass through the floor or firewall.
Route the negative cable to the frame, roll bar or a tubing structure that protrudes into the trunk area in the
same manner. Measure the desired length remembering to allow for any bends and for stripping the wire 3/4”.
Do not attach any of the connectors to the cable until the cable has been routed through a grommet (not
- Cut the cables to length, strip the end 3/4”, route through a grommet (not supplied) and secure the cable end
by soldering or crimping.
- Lastly, attach the negative cable to the frame or roll bar. Always remove any paint or debris and secure with
3/8” bolt and a lock or star type washer. This will aid in charging and eliminate loosening from vibration
transmitted through the frame.
Accessories that may assist you in the installation:
- The JEGS Thru Panel Connector #555-10317 is the ideal method to run the positive cable to the solenoid or
starter instead of the rubber grommet. Our connector has a stud and nut on both sides for quick and easy
- On race-only type vehicles we recommend the JEGS Positive and Negative Charging Terminals #555-10315
and 555-10316 in addition to the JEGS Master Disconnect Switch and Faceplate #555-10305 and 555-10306.
Also see the new billet switch handles and faceplates in JEGS catalog.