want free jegs gear?

Comment on any of our posts with your expertise and we'll send you a bag of JEGS schwag.

Learn More >

Customer q:

My question is. I'm replacing 4.3 v6 with a street small block. I want to run the carb from the intank tbi pump. How can I run pump without computer? I know I would need a return port regulator. But what's best way to wire pump. Just a constant 12 volts. Thanks.


ac = Yes

drivewheel = 2WD

engine = 5.0

fuel = carb

make = chevy

model = Monte Carlo

pwrbrk = Yes

pwrstr = Yes

trans = auto

year = 1985


Thank you for your inquiry. You would want to wire the pump to a 12 volt source that is hot when the ignition is on (car running).You can use a Mallory regulator part number 650-29388 (we've included the link to the item for your convenience).

Mallory Mallory 4-Port Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulator 200 GPH 3-25-psi

If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

car specs

social media

exterior modifications
interior modifications

The JEGS Difference

We are dedicated to providing our customers with the very best in selection,value, same day shipping and lifetime support. Thank you for choosing JEGS!

auto parts advice
Posted on
March 26, 2018

Psst! Want a chance to win FREE SCHWAG? Comment on this post and click here for details on the JEGS Comment Contest >

You Might Also Like

Follow us on Instagram to get notified about new products and discounts

Follow Us